Thursday, March 3, 2016

It's Personal Wine Bar Folsom

It's Personal Wine 
609 Sutter Street, Historic Folsom, Folsom, CA
Phone:(916) 932-4234
Hours:
  
Monday-Tuesday                      12PM-8PM
Wednesday-Thursday               12PM-9PM
Friday-Saturday                       12PM-11PM
Sunday                                     12PM- 5PM





Looking for a place to go after checking out The Cellar Wine Bar down the street, It's Personal Wine lured me in by the mesmerizing tunes of their live band. It seems this place is a hangout spot among the locals, which are ever so friendly. The name "It's Personal" may come from the fact that you can order customized wine labels from this shop starting at $1.50. 
The wine here is moderately priced and the bottles on their wine list seem to be under the radar...I couldn't find any information about the labels unfortunately.  Not to fret though! I did happen to spot a bottle of Merlo Family's Syrah rosé, a bottle I previously tried at Merlo's tasting room at The Old Sugar Mill where I first fell in love with it.








The first time I tried this bottle was at Merlo's tasting room at The Old Sugar Mill in Clarksburg. Sharing this bottle with family was a must! I paid some of my relatives a visit in Sonoma, where we feasted on home cooked bbq chicken, grilled garden grown veggies, and my great uncle's proudly grown heirloom tomatoes, which happended to win Best of Show at this year's Kendall-Jackson Heirloom Tomato Festival.

A hypnotically alluring nose of rose pedals, ripe grapefruit, tart strawberries, and a silky body with just the right hint of acid is what I got from this bottle.
A note about the wine from the winery, "The fruit was pressed whole-cluster with no further skin contact into stainless steel to settle overnight. Fermentation was conducted entirely with native yeasts and no manipulation of the juice in ancient French oak barrels that long ago stopped giving oak aromas or flavors. The wine was allowed to rest on its lees until bottling early March 2014."


As I sat at the bar I overheard the bartender talking about a new cider "Shilling Chaider Spiced Chai Cider" they had on tap.  He made it sound so delicious I had to give it a try and I'm happy I did. This stuff is tasty! I wish I could bring some of this stuff back to Asia with me.
Info and photo from Schilling's webpage www.schillingcider.com



0 comments:

Post a Comment