Saturday, May 21, 2016

The Bottle Barn Sonoma

The Bottle Barn Sonoma, California
3331 Industrial Dr, Ste A
Santa Rosa, California 95403
Phone: (707) 528-1161

Hours:
Monday-Saturday      9AM-7:30PM
Sunday                  9AM-6PM


Call me fanciful, but before I even got the chance to check this place out, I was already in love!
This warehouse of delights has been a long time favorite of my great grandfather's, as well as for the wine lovers in my family residing in Sonoma.
The Bottle Barn boasts that this is "where wine country buys wine."  My uncle brags that this shop has the best deals, unique finds, and is the best place to pick up the Sonoma County Harvest Fair wines. For me, this treasure trove of wine, beer, spirits, and wine accessories had me wandering around in awe for hours.
If you happen to be wine touring in Sonoma, I highly recommend checking this place out! The locals love this place, the prices are amazing, and the selection is unrivaled.







Big reds, Famous reds, Napa reds, Amador reds....and of course, Sonoma reds!
There are many brands here that have quite the following in Asia! But my interest was geared towards tasting the unfamiliar, trying bottles from AVAs not easily found, or not available at all in Asia, and giving some lesser known grape varieties a try.
 My desires were realized!





Zinfandel is starting to gain popularity in Asia, but many of the Zins available are only from Lodi.
Want to taste test Zin, sip wine from different AVAs, and embody the idea of  terroir "the taste of a place"?
 Compare Zinfandels: Try Sonoma's Dry Creek and Alexander Valley vs. Lodi Zins.





Driving along the Russian River, misty one minute, then seeing the sun beam down the next, has left me with a picturesque memory and a deep longing to return to this place, and to drink more Pinot of course.
If you are a Pinot Noir lover, there are plenty of bottles to choose from.
When in California do what Californians do...Drink Russian River Valley Pinot Noir!
 Displaying multiple terroirs and giving diversity in each glass, this AVA can keep any Pinot lover entertained.



Oregon also makes beautiful Pinot Noir. The first time I tried Pinot Noir from the Willamette Valley was while living in Taiwan; I've been hooked ever since.
Keep an eye out for these sub-regions to taste just how terroir expressive Pinot Noir can be in Oregon.
~Chehalem Mountains, Ribbon Ridge, Dundee Hills, Yamhill-Carlton, McMinnville, Eola-Amity Hills~
Rustic, Earthy, Tart Red Berries 


Look at all the pretty colors





Art on the bottle...Art in the bottle





Yum! California Chardonnay I've missed you! Or to be more specific, I've missed the prices.



Grüners, Gewürztraminers, Rieslings, I just cant seem to get enough of the stuff.









Sherry: you cook with it, you eat olives and almonds with it, you may even blow your guests minds with it.



The bottle that started it all! My obsession and constant craving for minty Cabernet Sauvignon.



Glasses, wine toys, unique finds; The Bottle Barn is the perfect place to find special gifts for any booze lover. 









3 comments:

  1. This wine bottle opener product is great! I've used other electric wine openers that weren't as user friendly as this one! It's so easy to use and I love the charging station. The other opener I had was battery operated which was a pain. If you're a wine lover like me go and buy this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most notable feature about this blog is how it does not fail to keep its audience engaged at every point.
    bourbon glasses

    ReplyDelete
  3. A blog that mushroomed from visual edification.
    little cigars

    ReplyDelete